Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Share & Voice: 6 Ways to Reuse Plastic Bottles

As I was searching a website about plastic water bottles, I came across this awesome article on ways to reuse them. In this article there are six unique ways to reuse your plastic water bottles, so it doesn't wind up in a landfill somewhere. These are certainly ideas I never would have thought of! My favorite is the geometric lamp shade, which is featured above. Seriously, what a cool idea. They also had some other great ideas like making a coin purse out of a water bottle and a plastic vase. I really liked this article for the great ideas it had and also for the fact that they linked to wherever the information was coming from. This led me to the site greenupgrader.com. It's really cool and is all about finding creative ways to be green. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow Ruthanne!
    This lamp fixture is by far my favorite thing that has been upcycled. It amazes me that the human brain has the potential to make something like this out of what we see as garbage usually.

    I went and checked out the website you linked, and didn't find other plastic water bottle stuff but I found something on white roofs. I've heard of the idea that people are installing new white roofs to crack down on global warming. The article said it might not be all it's cracked up to be but it still does reduce co2 emissions from high airconditioning since the white reflects the sunlight, keeping your house cooler.

    Maybe people can buy these cool light fixtures after they buy their new white roofs = ) See you tomorrow at the Great American Smoke Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthanne!

    I really like your idea of Share and Voice this week. What a cool lamp! Considering that we will have to do a project like this very soon, I really appreciate you finding this website and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ideas! I have never thought to reuse plastic water bottles in such a way. Just imagine if everyone who drank out of plastic water bottles reused them for certain things and how much waste it would prevent.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.