Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change: Week 3

I can't believe it's already week 3 of my SMART goal! Time goes by so fast. My SMART goal is to reduce the amount of plastic water bottles I use to one per week, and by the end of ten weeks, be only using a glass water bottle. This week has been good! I felt I had success with my goal, since I didn't purchase one plastic water bottle. A challenge that I did face today was that I had no reusable water bottles with me, was running errands all day, and really wanted to grab a bottle to go. I suppose I could have since I am still allowing myself one plastic bottle a week, but I decided to go without and felt good about it! Something that I learned this week is to be prepared so I'm not tempted to purchase a plastic water bottle. Also, I NEED to get to the store to buy my glass bottle! I've been putting it off because I've been busy, but I need to make it a priority. I hope to accomplish that by next week! I am planning on continuing with my SMART goal. I hope to continue using no water bottle, and if so, only one per week. Hopefully, I'll make it to the store to get that glass water bottle and start using that!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love your dedication to this goal! It must have been a lot of effort to go without water since you had no glass one available. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job sticking with you goal.. and even exceeding it by staying away from temptation to buy it! Maybe it would be more convenient to buy a reusable bottle from the UMD stores.. since you're already here? I suppose they don't have glass ones though. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on not caving in when it was so tempting to just grab a bottle and go. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.