Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Share & Voice: Mother Nature Network

For this Share and Voice, I decided to find a cool website that has information about the environment, going green, etc. I asked my roomate what she thought, since I knew she is always finding great ways to learn online. She suggested mother nature network...seriously, such a cool site! I could have spend hours on here. One of the links I came across was one of the top ten stories of the day. It's called Houseplants That Clean The Air.


What a neat concept! The article talks about how while houseplants provide beauty and add to the quality of a room, they can also provide a very practical purpose. I never had heard that houseplants can help make the air in a house better and more clean by removing pollutants. Pretty cool huh? This website provides a TON of great information...I highly suggest checking it out. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ruthanne!!
    You're rigth about this website; it's really awesome and a lot of time can be spent here! I definitely looked around this website and I found an article called, "how to get kids to eat fruits and vegetables." It said that children are sensitive to the bitterness of vegetables and if they are given 2.5 ounces of dip it increases consumption of broccoli!

    Found a link on there that had a youtube video that talks about a reward website for recycling! Here it is.


    http://www.mnn.com/food/beverages/sponsorvideo/millercoors-and-recyclebank-recycling-for-good?isn=miller&isc=homepage

    The video said that if you go onto this website and just talk about recycling you get points towards rewards of product such as Naked Juice (all natural fruit juice).
    I figured that we already blog about this stuff, why not get some rewards for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthanne

    I really appreciate you sharing this website with us. Isn't it really cool that plants can serve such a revered purpose. My mother keeps so many plants in her house for that purpose. She also feed her plants coffee in addition to water to help them to grow healthier. I think that the incentive that the site offers pertaining to recycling is also a great way to get people involved and keep them in the know on how to keep the environment healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthanne,

    That really is a great website, I bookmarked it! I love finding websites that have all that cool stuff, a couple favorites of mine if you want to check them out are:

    ecomii.com
    tasteforlife.com

    Interesting fact about the plants as well--I've heard of plants making people happier but not of cleaning our air, that's great and makes me want to go out and get more plants for our house.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.